Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2013: Taking a break

Having returned from holiday with absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever to update this blog, and wondering finally if I've truly run out of steam, I've decided to give it a rest for a while.

'Come back!' I hear no one cry. Well, it's not dead, it's just on hold until I listen to some more music and remember where I was at the time. I don't want to be scraping the barrel with half-remembered nonsense or one-line triggers (something I've got an endless supply of). I'd rather return refreshed with a basket-load of newly-discovered moments in time that I can dissect fully.

But it's been very enjoyable over the past few years, thanks for all your support and I do hope you've liked reading it as much as I've liked writing it, and that the songs have stirred memories in you too.

In the meantime, here's some music (something you'll never find here as it wasn't a hit so we have no connection. But I just love this singer and I'm especially fond of a pop song with an Indian feel, aren't you):






8 comments:

  1. Don't make it a permanent break, Jon - your posts often make me genuinely Laugh Out Loud, and almost always stir up a memory of my own, so I would hate to think there won't be any more.

    But like you, I've hit a bit of a blogging hiatus myself after a draining few months in my offline life, and am 'resting' Kolley Kibber until I've had a break and recharged myself a bit. I can't imagine either of us have REALLY run out of things to say, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think out of everyone who reads this blog, you have always been staunchest supporter and for that I'm eternally grateful.

    I hope everything's settled down offline for you now, but I see you're taking a break too. There just comes a time, doesn't there?

    I will be back, but just don't know when.

    Until then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed your blog and will wait patiently (ish) for your return! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lee, that's good to hear.

    Oh, I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be waiting too - especially for a new take on the art of the 12"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally loving those 12"s Simon. They're with me all the time - in the car, on the ipod, on the go. I'm now kicking myself that I eschewed them for all these years, so thanks for making me see the light at last. Some real gems there. Interesting to hear different takes on familiar tunes, and all the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss your posts, too, Jon. You've got a brilliant knack for capturing a moment and a mood in just a few deftly-drawn paragraphs. I'll miss clicking 'Play' on the YouTube clip and stepping back in time with you!
    Make sure the break is temporary, please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Drakey, that makes me want to kick-start it all over again.

    But let's just give it a moment.

    ReplyDelete